Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thank You

This morning I spoke with my dad before he left the hospital.  He told me Aaron seems to be doing really well and told me about all the tubes coming out of him (two chest tubes to drain fluid in the cavity, a catheter, a neck IV, and an arterial IV in his right arm that is surrounded by a plastic thing.  I think that's all.).  My parents will likely be at the hospital most of the day.  I'm still waiting to hear how he's doing with visitors.

Before he left Dad also told me about the valve Aaron got and where it came from.  Somehow I never made the connection between Aaron getting a human valve and the fact that it had to come from a person.  A donor never came to mind.  My heart goes out to the family who lost a loved one, allowing my brother to get on the path to good health and a long life.  The only thing we really know is that the donor was 34 years old, just two years older than Aaron.  That was an excellent match for him.  I'm so grateful to the donor and his family for the blessing to Aaron and the rest of our family.

I also wanted to thank all those that kept Aaron in their thoughts and prayers.  As the damage was more extensive and the surgery was more difficult than expected, all those prayers were much needed.  I mean to tell Aaron about all the people out there who are concerned for him as soon as I can go see him.  My daughter is not allowed in the ICU, so I will have to wait until I have someone to watch her or until he is moved to the floor in a couple of days before I can visit.  We are all so grateful for the outpouring of love we have felt.  please also say a prayer for the donor family that they will be comforted and know that their loss has helped make another life possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment